See the link for details: http://www.nlj.org.jm/NLJ_RFP.pdf.
Title: National Library of Jamaica Request for Proposal: Production of 30th Anniversary Publication
SOURCE: National Library of Jamaica
Excerpt from the source:
The National Library of Jamaica (NLJ) hereby requests proposals from suitably qualified consultants for the preparation and production of a publication to mark its 30th anniversary as a National Library (1979-2009).
This publication will document the full history of the institution – written and oral - dating back to 1894 when it was first established as the West India Reference Library (WIRL). The publication will also seek to promote the functions, purposes and services of the organization.
The NLJ was established in 1979 to collect, preserve and facilitate access to the national collection - nation’s history and heritage. The National Library of Jamaica currently offers to its users the following services:
- consultation for research and study of the materials in its possession including film and sound resources;
- free internet access;
- reproduction of some resources
- and the assigning of International Standard Book Numbers (ISBN) as well as
International Standard Serial Numbers (ISSN);
- distribution of library management software CDS/ISIS to over three hundred libraries across the country
- and preparing Cataloguing-In-Publication (CIP) for local publishers.