Thursday 31 July 2008

New Goals Coming for Carib LIN

Dear readers,

Originally, when I created this blog, I had the intention of just experimenting with the technology.

In conducting the experiment and familiarization with the technology, I had also hoped to generate solid views and commentary about the movement of the region into an information driven and knowledge-based society and economy.

However, I have reviewed these objectives. I now see the potential of the site to be the place of choice to inform researchers about the developments in the region in librarianship and other news relevant to information scientists and librarians.

Currently, I have added a logo depicting a laptop and a book giving enlightenment. I have also created a customised search engine using Google's technology to provide access to websites that provide the news and information about the regional developments in librarianship and the utilisation of information for economic growth and social cultural development.

I am currently working with a plan to renew this blog and make it have a greater impact for research, documenting and disseminating sources to further develop the body of knowledge on the developments in the Caribbean as it relates to the library and non-profit information sector.

No comments: